April 18, 2016

30-question Tarot Challenge

This is a great list of 30 questions that are useful for more than just "getting to know you (getting to know all about you)." What I like about these questions is that most of them open the door to even more questions, and that's a recipe for delightfully stimulating discussion. I'm going to be answering these questions on my YouTube channel, so you're welcome to tune in there, but you're also welcome to copy/paste these questions and do with them what you will. Kudos to Asali at Asali Earthwork for posting these questions - add her blog to your feed reader and follow her for this and more.
  1. What Introduced me/ got myself involved in Tarot?
  2. What was my first deck and why/how did I get it?
  3. Do I have more than one deck that I use, and if so, do I have a favorite? If not, why do I like the deck I’ve chosen?
  4. How long have I been reading the Tarot?
  5. When and where did I give my first reading?
  6. What was the first spread I learned?
  7. What is my favorite card (both in terms of the decks artwork and divination meaning)
  8. Which card do I dread pulling the most?
  9. What card do I pull the most often? Why do I think that is the case?
  10. What card best represents me/my personality (or is most often pulled to represent myself in a spread)?
  11. What spread do I use most often, why?
  12. Have I ever created my own spread? If so, how effective is it? (Feel free to show the spread)
  13. Is there a card that continuously stumps me when it is drawn? Why do I believe this to be so?
  14. For what purposes do I usually use the Tarot (self-reflection, guidance, advice, recreation, communing with spirits/dead, communication with deity, other)?
  15. How much emphasis do I put on the text-book meanings for the cards, and how much stress do you place on the “feeling” you get from the cards through their artwork, symbolism/etc. AKA reading intuitively? Do I use both, or one or the other?
  16. Do I ever use the Major Arcana without the Minor Arcana, or vice versa?
  17. Do I do reading using reversals? Why or why not?
  18. Do I feel a “connection” to my cards?
  19. Do I feel/think the cards “think” or have their own consciousness? What do I believe make the cards “tick”? (Is it magic/outside influences or all in the mind?)
  20. Do I read for myself and/or for others? Why or why not?
  21. How do I feel when I do readings?
  22. Do I charge money (or other ways of compensation) for my readings/services?
  23. What question do I ask most often to the deck? (Or, ask on the behalf of another?)
  24. How accurate do I believe my readings are (or, do they accurately convey messages from spirits/deity)?
  25. What is the most dramatic/meaningful reading I’ve ever read? (Not necessarily the most accurate)
  26. Have I ever regretted a particular reading, either for yourself or another?
  27. Do I have a special time and/or place that I use my Tarot? If so, do you reserve the deck specifically for that purpose?
  28. Does anyone I know not agree with my Tarot practices?
  29. Do I have a Tarot mentor? Who are they (in relation to me) and how do they inspire me?
  30. Do I practice any other forms of divination? If so, what is it, and do you use them alongside the Tarot as to gain more information and insight, or as something separate entirely?